Tuesday 10 May 2016

All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr Book Review





Apart from To Kill a Mockingbird this book is by far one of my favourite reads. I love war time fiction and this book was written so incredibly well and poetically. The author's use of science really made the book so much better to read. The story is told by two main perspectives, a young blind girl called Marie Laure and a Nazi youth called Werner. The story is told from when they were children up until their teenage years and then they finally cross paths. The story switches time periods and slowly you start to see each time period connect and intertwine until finally the two main characters meet. The author brings the struggle of war lifestyle, science and human emotion to life. I didn't want his book to end. I kinda have mixed feelings about the ending but I think it was a fitting end. I would recommend this book to anyone, even if you don't like reading wartime based fiction this book is so beautifully written and the stories of all characters are so captivating you won't want to put the book down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YouTube